We have all heard of the devastation happening in Texas and now in some areas of Louisiana are getting pounded and flooded. If you want to help, but don’t have the cash to donate, you can help in other ways. Below is the Hurricane Harvey Donation Supplies List of items they are going to need. If you can help in this way, please do so. Please take the time to check to see which church or organization in your area is accepting the donations and if they are accepting clothes, toys and/or books.
In Louisiana I know my area (Metairie) students and volunteers have come together at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church to collect and organize supplies for Harvey victims. Drop off the items at 105 Bonnabel Boulevard in Metairie. Please drop off items to the church between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 29 to Thursday, Aug. 31 and Tuesday, Sept. 5 until Thursday, Sept. 7.
Anyone wishing to make a financial donation, can either mail it to St. Catherine of Siena (105 Bonnabel Blvd., Metairie, LA 70005) with the memo “Hurricane Relief” or mail it to the Archdiocese of New Orleans (Attn: Archbishop Aymond, 7887 Walmsley Ave, New Orleans, LA 70125) with the memo “Hurricane Relief.”
St. Catherine of Siena is only accepting the following:
• Cases of Bottled Water, Powerade, Gatorade
• Baby Items (Diapers, Wipes, Powder, etc.)
• Non-perishable Dry goods and canned goods
• Bleach, Lysol, Clorox Wipes, etc.
• Mops, Brooms, Buckets, etc.
• Contractor Bags, gloves, surgical masks, etc.
• Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, floss, feminine products, deodorant, etc.
• Paper Towels, Kleenex, Toilet paper, etc.
• Dog and Cat food
• Flash lights and batteries
• New Pillows, sheets, towels, and air mattresses
• Duct tape
• Plastic storage bins
• Folding chairs
• Boxes and Packing tape
NO CLOTHES, BOOKS, or TOYS
Other Area Donations:
– diapers and wipes
– formula for babies
– baby food
– non-perishable food
– canned goods – pull tab cans (remember no electricity for weeks)
– hand held canned openers
– paper plates/towels/cups/hand wipes
– pet supplies
– dog and cat good
– horse food
– air mattresses
– toiletry items of all kinds
– feminine hygiene products
– Phone and car chargers for iPhone and Android
– flash lights
– plastic storage bins
– first aid kits
– Work gloves
– bug spray
– cleaning supplies, mops, brooms
– duct tape
– hip waders
If you know of other areas collecting please leave it in the comments. All the help these people can get is very much appreciated. I know, I went through Katrina 12 years ago, I was in Texas for 3 weeks and appreciated all the help my family and I received.
I’m a Gramma to a beautiful, funny, smart little girl who was born in July of 2014. She’s the joy of my family and I’m so very proud to be a gramma (an alternate spelling for grandma)! I am a coffee, music, movie and outdoor lover! My family and I love picnics, festivals and concerts. Spending time with my family is the best part of my life. I love my job as well! Blogging and product reviewing has given my family and I a lot and I have also learned a lot and made a lot of friends.