Duct Tape Spider Web!
Halloween is 11 days from today! If you are still looking for Halloween decorating ideas, here’s a cute Halloween Duct Tape Spider Web Door Sign. Your kids will love to help!
Spider Web Door Sign
Materials: black, orange, and gold duct tape, oversized sheet of paper (ideally 18″ x 24″), parchment paper.
Tools: pencil, ruler, scissors, white grease pencil
1. Fold the oversized sheet of paper in half lengthwise, then fold in half crosswise. From the folded corner, draw a diagonal line to the opposite corner. You should now have two triangles. From the same corner, draw two more diagonal lines, dividing each triangle in half.
2. Starting at the bottom left corner, draw slightly U shaped line upward, connecting to the left end of the diagonal line above it. From this point, draw another U shaped line to the next diagonal line, and repeat until you reach the top right corner of the folded paper.
3. Starting approximately 2″ inward from the bottom left corner, repeat step #2.
4. Starting approximately 4″ inward from the bottom left corner, repeat step #2. You should now have 1/4 of a spider web pattern.
5. Carefully cut out the top two lines of the web pattern, cutting each drawn line approximately 1/4″ thick. Leave the middle part intact. Unfold the paper. This is the web template. Set aside.
6. Using black duct tape for the front side and gold duct tape for the back side, make a double-sided duct tape fabric measuring 18″ high and 24″ wide. (See instructional video: https://youtu.be/6YZSNYyy57w)
7. Take the web template and place it on top of the fabric. Trace the template onto the fabric. Remove the template and cut the web pattern out of the fabric.
8. On the parchment paper, draw a spider. (You can also do a Google search for “spider drawing” and trace any free illustrations.) Cover the drawing with orange duct tape. Flip over the parchment paper and you can still see the drawing. Cut out the drawing. Remove the parchment paper from the back of the spider and place it on the web.
9. On the parchment paper, draw “Boo!” in large bubble letters. Cover the drawing with gold duct tape. Flip over the parchment paper and you can still see the letters. Cut out the letters. Remove the parchment paper from the back of the letters and place it on the web.
For more fun duct tape projects, make sure to check out Fabian Morgan’s YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/user/
Don't forget to visit me on my Facebook Page | Twitter Account | Instagram | Pinterest Page! and don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel ♥
Sharing is Caring! 🙂
I’m a Gramma to a beautiful, funny, smart little girl who was born in July of 2014. She’s the joy of my family and I’m so very proud to be a gramma (an alternate spelling for grandma)! I am a coffee, music, movie and outdoor lover! I love festivals and concerts. Spending time with my family is the best time in my life. I love my blogging job and all it has given me.