I have a Moto X phone and I just recently had this problem come up. I was transferring pictures from my husband’s Samsung phone to mine. This has never been an issue before, but this time when I did Bluetooth, it said all files were transferred successfully, however they weren’t in my gallery. I restarted my phone and when it came back up, ALL my pictures were gone, or so I thought! I decided to check under Settings > Storage and I could see that the pics were still there, I just had folders missing in gallery app! So the hunt for how to restore folders in gallery began.
So I followed these steps. Not sure if this will work on all phones.
- Go to Google Play store and downloaded ES File Explorer.
(NEVER download any apps unless it is from Google play store, you may open your phone for attacks if you do.)
- Go to Apps
- Select ES File Explorer
- Swipe from Left to Right to open the Navigation drawer of ES File Explorer
- Click on Settings
- Click on Display Settings
- Check Show Hidden Files
- Press back twice to go back to the ES File Explorer main menu
- Scroll and see of .nomedia exits
- If it does, press and hold on .nomedia and Delete
Click here for an illustration of Step 1.
- Go to your phone “Settings”
- Scroll down to “Apps”
- Swipe Right to Left 2 times to the “ALL” Tab
- Scroll down and Select “Media Storage”
- Select “CLEAR DATA”
- Press OK
- Power OFF Phone
- Power ON Phone and wait for 2-4 minutes after Power ON to launch Gallery
Click here for an illustration of Step 2.
Thanks goes to the Motorola customer help site. I tried several other things, this is what helped me.
Don't forget to visit me on my Facebook Page | Twitter Account | Instagram | Pinterest Page! and don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel ♥
Sharing is Caring! 🙂
I’m a Gramma to a beautiful, funny, smart little girl who was born in July of 2014. She’s the joy of my family and I’m so very proud to be a gramma (an alternate spelling for grandma)! I am a coffee, music, movie and outdoor lover! I love festivals and concerts. Spending time with my family is the best time in my life. I love my blogging job and all it has given me.