Can’t find the right Mask to wear? Check out these Duct Tape Halloween Masks. You can do 3 different looks from 1 template!
1. Plain Mask
Materials: black duct tape, parchment paper, gauge wire
Tools: mask template, grease pencil, scissors
1. Print and cut out mask template.
2. Make a double-sided duct tape fabric measuring 6″ high and 8″ wide. (See instructional video: https://youtu.be/6YZSNYyy57w )
3. Trace the mask template onto the fabric using the grease pencil. Cut out the mask.
4. Align the top slits so the eye holes of the mask are almond-shaped. The top of the mask should become rounded and contoured. Close the slits with small pieces of duct tape.
5. Pull the side slits of the mask towards each other, which closes up the V space. Hold it in place with small pieces of tape. This should further round and contour the mask.
6. On the inside of the mask, tape a 1″ piece of wire across the nose. Then bend the mask in half vertically.
2. Bird Mask
Materials: yellow and black duct tape
1. Make a plain mask.
2. Cut 10″ strips of yellow duct tape. Place them on the worktable lengthwise with the sticky side facing up. Fold in half lengthwise by pulling up the bottom edge toward the top, but not all the way up. Leave approximately 1/4″ strip of the sticky side exposed at the top.
3. Starting at the bottom edge, cut out long triangles from the folded strips that measure approximately 1/4″ wide. Be sure the wide base of each triangle is at the top sticky edge.
4. Add the feathers to the mask. Work one side at a time, either the left or the right. Start the nose and work your way around the outer edges of the mask. Be sure the point of each feather faces out. As you add the feathers, try to space them evenly.
5. Add a small black strip of duct tape vertically over the nose.
3. Feather Masquerade Style Mask
Materials: white, fuchsia, and black duct tape
Tools: gauge wire, scissors
1. Make a plain mask.
2. Using the fuchsia duct tape, make a flower. (See instructional video: https://youtu.be/cYDMUg0pJIo ) Cut out petals.
3. Attach the fuchsia flower to the right side of the mask using small pieces of black duct tape.
4. Cut a 10″ strip of white duct tape. Place them on the worktable lengthwise with the sticky side facing up. Place a 10″ piece of wire lengthwise in the vertical center of the tape strip. Cut a second 10″ strip of white duct tape and place it lengthwise over the first strip, sticky side facing down. At one end, cut an upside down V shape. Starting at the pointed end, cut narrow V slits along the sides toward the middle of the strip, almost touching the wire in the center. This is a feather.
5. Repeat step 4 for a second feather.
6. Attach the two feathers to the right side of the mask, behind the fuchsia flower.
For more fun duct tape projects, make sure to check out Fabian Morgan’s YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/user/
Don't forget to visit me on my Facebook Page | Twitter Account | Instagram | Pinterest Page! and don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel ♥
Sharing is Caring! 🙂
I’m a Gramma to a beautiful, funny, smart little girl who was born in July of 2014. She’s the joy of my family and I’m so very proud to be a gramma (an alternate spelling for grandma)! I am a coffee, music, movie and outdoor lover! My family and I love picnics, festivals and concerts. Spending time with my family is the best part of my life. I love my job as well! Blogging and product reviewing has given my family and I a lot and I have also learned a lot and made a lot of friends.