When my daughter was 7 years old, Disney released the 1st Little Mermaid and she loved it. In 1990, it was released to VHS tape and of course we had to buy it. My daughter loves Disney, and my granddaughter loves mermaids, so I was excited to receive one for this post. When I gave my daughter the Little Mermaid 30th anniversary Blu-Ray, she was so excited.
My granddaughter loved the movie, she’s all into Ariel now. My daughter said any excuse to watch the Little Mermaid is a good excuse. LOL. Those two have watched the movie twice so far and I know it will be watched many more times.
“The Little Mermaid” Dives Into the Walt Disney Signature Collection On Digital, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12 and 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26
For the first time ever in sparkling 4K Ultra HD™ and featuring a fin-tastic sing-along mode. Along with over 45 minutes of exciting new bonus features for new and old fans alike to enjoy
The Signature Edition of “The Little Mermaid” showcases its award-winning musical score and iconic songs such as “Under the Sea” and “Part of Your World”. The sing-along mode allows you to accompany the beloved cast of characters on their journey. Never-before-seen bonus features bring legendary composer Alan Menken and some of Disney’s most recognizable leading ladies together around a piano to reminisce, sing and celebrate “The Little Mermaid.” The latest installment of “Stories from Walt’s Office” compares Walt and Ariel’s love of collecting treasures. Viewers will also receive an inside look at the “The Little Mermaid” cast in their original recording sessions. They will explore hidden treasures and fun facts from the film. They’ll also enjoy a special performance of “Part of Your World” by a Capella singing sensation D Capella. Plus, fans will have access to hours of additional classic bonus features!
“The Little Mermaid” is the seventh title to join the Walt Disney Signature Collection, which includes groundbreaking films created or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, featuring timeless stories and characters that have touched generations. The film takes its place alongside “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Pinocchio,” “Bambi,” “The Lion King” and “Lady and the Tramp.”
The Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES: *
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #Treasures Untold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video.
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman.
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference.
- Howard’s Lecture.
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken.
The Little Mermaid 30th Anniversary DIGITAL EXCLUSIVES
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective. Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World”. Also discussed is the songs impact since they were first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Ultimate Collector’s Edition (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital Code); Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Code), Digital UHD/HD/SD, DVD and On-Demand.
Feature Run Time:
Approximately 83 minutes.
Rating: G in U.S. and Canada.
Aspect Ratio: 16×9 1.78.
4K UHD BD: English Dolby Atmos, Latin Spanish, & French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, Latin Spanish and French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital.
DVD: English, Latin Spanish, and French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital.
4K UHD Digital: English Dolby Atmos (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital.
HD Digital: English 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus (some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital.
4K UHD BD Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish & French.
BD Subtitles: English SDH & ESL, Spanish & French.
DVD Subtitles: English SDH & ESL, Spanish & French.
Digital Subtitles: English SDH, French Canadian, Latin Spanish.
Digital & DVD Captions: English.
The product(s) mentioned above was received for free in exchange for a post.This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Sandra at mediainfo@ModerndayGramma.com
I’m a Gramma to a beautiful, funny, smart little girl who was born in July of 2014. She’s the joy of my family and I’m so very proud to be a gramma (an alternate spelling for grandma)! I am a coffee, music, movie and outdoor lover! My family and I love picnics, festivals and concerts. Spending time with my family is the best part of my life. I love my job as well! Blogging and product reviewing has given my family and I a lot and I have also learned a lot and made a lot of friends.