Did you know that you are suppose to change your mattress out every 8 years? Well, the mattress we had, gave out after about 6! LOL We kept it though due to some personal issues and the mattress we wanted was very expensive. I wanted to get a really nice memory foam mattress, because I felt that it would be better for my husband’s back and he could get peaceful sleep. When NECTAR offered me a chance to review one of their mattresses, I jumped on it for a few reasons. We needed a new mattress. We would get the chance to finally see if a memory foam mattress was for us. I have heard many great things about the NECTAR brand through other bloggers.
I have several different things to tell you about and there is a funny unboxing video.
If you decide to buy a Nectar mattress , try to be home when it is delivered and ask the delivery person to bring in the mattress as it is pretty heavy. I always have my delivery guys bring in the heavy stuff, they don’t mind at all.
- NECTAR arrived via Fedex.
- It came rolled up in a blue outer bag.
- The queen size NECTAR weighs 74 lbs.
- Upon opening the outer blue bag, there was also an inner tannish bag. This is a reusable bag with handy straps to make the NECTAR easier to carry around. (If your bedroom is upstairs, you will need help dragging it up)
- Inside of the tannish bag, the NECTAR Mattress is rolled up in thick plastic. The thick plastic is meant to protect the mattress itself.
- As you can see from the video, set up was a breeze.
- One of the unique things about this mattress is not only can you use most flat support surfaces, including a box spring, but you can just put the mattress on the floor and be done with it!
- My husband and I had it set up in just a few minutes (after we got the wrapping off).
- We made sure to use the special tool that is included to cut through the thick plastic.
- Make sure that once the mattress is opened to have the NECTAR logo showing at the end of your bed.
- Allow NECTAR to fully expand for at least 2 hours.
Note: my mattress did not have too strong of a smell, however some other bloggers mentioned that they did.
- The NECTAR Mattress has a somewhat strong smell when first out of the box. This usually lasts a few days.
- After 1 week the smell should decrease a lot.
- The smell itself is not harmful so don’t be afraid to breathe.
- Movement can make or break a mattress.
- In my case, I have noticed a huge decrease in how often I can feel my husband move in his sleep during the night. On our old spring mattress, I could feel him getting up out of bed.
- On the NECTAR, I am not waking up in the middle of the night and am getting more peaceful sleep. Thanks NECTAR! 😉
- This was a huge worry of mine. My husband has a bad back, has had it since 2009 when he pulled it at work and he has authritus in his lower back as well. He needs something to sleep on that will give him a good night sleep and not hurt his back. Going into this review after we did the unboxing video, he thought maybe the NECTAR would be “too soft”. He was wrong in this assumption.
- NECTAR has one firmness level which is medium firm. This is perfect for us! He likes a firm mattress and I like a not too firm, but not too soft so medium firm works with my back too!
- Firmness in my opinion is perfect especially for those who do suffer from back problems of any kind.
*365 Night Risk Free Trial*
- With NECTAR, you have a full year to try it out to see if it is ideal for you.
- If NECTAR is not the perfect mattress for you, the company will arrange pickup of mattress and refund you 100%. Yes, you read that right. 100%.
- Good option to have for those who are unsure if NECTAR will be a perfect fit for them.
- NECTAR offers it’s customers the “Forever Warranty”.
- The “Forever Warranty” guarantees construction, materials, quality and durability of the NECTAR forever.
- The company stands behind NECTAR and are confident that it will be the one and only mattress purchasers will ever need.
- For the first 1 to 5 years should something go wrong with the NECTAR, a full replacement is offered for FREE.
- After 5 years, ALL repairs and replacements will be honored for a single transportation fee of $100 which if a defect is found will be waived.
- Cost of the NECTAR mattresses ranges from $500 to $900. (Twin, $500. Twin XL, $550. Full, $700. Queen, $795. King, $900. California King, $900)
- NECTAR offers its mattresses at affordable prices. With the 365 Night Risk Free Trial + the Forever Warranty, to me you are getting this product at a steal.
- Check out the site for deals/promos going on.
- As of this review date (10/22/17), NECTAR’s current promotion is $125 off any mattress + 2 free memory foam pillows.
I’d like to mention that the memory foam pillows are pretty nice, however I can’t sleep on one as I got my neck pain back so I have to use my mediflow pillow.
- Came via Fedex.
- NECTAR offers Free Shipping on all their mattresses.
- As of 10/22/17, NECTAR mattresses are on backorder due to high demand
*Our Impression of the Nectar Mattress*
This is a high quality mattress at a low price. Yes it is almost $800, but tell me any company that will offer to refund you 100% of your money back for up to 1 year if you don’t find the mattress is for you? The one year risk free sleep trial, “Forever Warranty”, free shipping and easy return/refund process make the NECTAR worth trying out.
The NECTAR mattress absorbs motion which results in a better night sleep experience for my husband and I. I fell in love with the mattress after the 1st night of sleeping on it! I slept through the night and I slept until 8am which I haven’t done in a long time! I was waking up at 6:30 on a SATURDAY and SUNDAY when I didn’t need to be, but I just couldn’t get comfy on our old mattress!
I love that this mattress is a USA product. This for many reasons is a huge plus to me. I personally recommend it. I have found so many positives about it.
Ready to find out more about the NECTAR or to purchase?
Head on over to the Nectar site and check it all out.
Check out our Holiday Gift Guide.
Check out more product reviews.
I received the product(s) mentioned above free of charge in exchange for a product review. We are not obligated to give a positive review. We received NO financial compensation other than the product for the review. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Sandra at [email protected]
Sharing is Caring 🙂
Liked what you read? Perhaps you would also like the below related posts.