My family and friends know my likes, dislikes, pet peeves, and what can set me off. However, you my readers and fellow bloggers, really don’t know me! Here’s a bit of #BehindtheBlogger.
Here are some things you might know about me:
My family is my world! When my daughter got pregnant, she had a devastating loss twice in 2012 and I felt like our world crashed! She wanted a baby so badly and I wanted her to know what it was like to be a mom. What I didn’t know was just how much I wanted to be a Gramma until that little bundle of joy was born on July 16th, 2014! My whole world changed that day, heck my life changed, I was promoted from being just Mom to being Grandma ♥ I cried! I told my husband looking at our grandbaby in the nursery, “Our daughter did it”!
I love to search for free stuff. That’s where my being a blogger began! I made this exact blog – originally called Bargains4Wahms in 2004 – as a way to share the freebies I was finding and it slowly expanded into what it is now. My first post was on a website called Sandra’s Freebies back in 2001! That means I’ve been searching freebies for 15 years! WOW! That’s a long time! Should celebrate that?
Here are some things you might *not* know about me:
My Pet Peeves:
- I can’t stand to waste food! I raised my daughter to know if you put it on your plate, you must eat it! There are too many hungry families in this world and there shouldn’t be!
- Lying! If you can’t tell me the truth, I don’t want to hear from you!
- Stealing! If you want it, buy it!
- Hatred! This needs to STOP! Killing people because of their skin color or their beliefs needs to STOP! Bullying a blogger because your email went into her spam folder and you lost out on the prize, how insane can you be?!
How I Feel About The World
It’s scary! I pray every single day that Isis and all the hate crimes will end. I don’t understand why we can’t take a GIANT LEAP forward in liking one another and putting the past exactly where it belongs…in the past!
Some days I feel like giving it all up. The reason is because you get writers block and sometimes you just don’t feel like dealing with it all. Sometimes I get spam or unpleasant comments, lack of respect and some companies don’t understand bloggers. However, the benefits of blogging out weigh all of that! I’ve made great connections, been able to do things, know people, and review products that I would never have had a chance to do if it wasn’t for blogging.
Being an outspoken person has gotten me in trouble a few times, but being honest and my refusal to put up with disrespect most definitely makes me a better person, blogger and product reviewer. When opportunity knocked in 2001, freebie searching started out as a hobby and in 2009 it turned into an amazing experience and I’ve been enjoying the ride!
I got where I am today on my own. When I started there was no help, that’s why I am always willing to help other bloggers out. Whether it’s making graphics, helping pick out designs, helping grow their following, or giving advice and tips. You would not believe all the “rules” bloggers have to follow. Blogging isn’t as easy as it looks or seems. This is why I am 100% open and committed to helping others.
Other Facts you may or may not know:
- I make money blogging (not spectacularly, but it helps)
- Can’t wait to have the money to finally get a new car!
- My granddaughter is spoiled rotten, and I still spoil my daughter too!
- I pray that there will be PEACE in the world very soon!
- Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons
- Christmas is my favorite holiday!
- When I was 14, I was within 1 arm length of Michael Jackson and was absolutely SPEECHLESS!
- My husband and I were together for 26 years before we got married on May 22nd 2009!
- I drink socially…special occasions mostly.
- Starbucks Coffee lover!
- Movies: I love comedies, I basically love any Robin Williams movie (so sad he’s gone) and Tyler Perry Madea Movies (LOVE THE GRIT STORY!).
- My favorite Disney Character is Snow White and my granddaughters is Sofia the 1st, ELSA & Anna (Frozen).
- Music well, for some reason I LOVE Bruno Mars, Keith Urban, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera and CHER!
I sincerely hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me. Have you ever wondered who’s #BehindtheBlogger of your favorite blogs?
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!
Sharing is Caring 🙂
Liked what you read? Perhaps you would also like the below related posts.